Reference number - 2842-3520
Location - Portsmouth
Salary - £19,619 - £21,256 p.a.
Job type/hours - Fixed term contract for one year, full time 37 hours per week
Closing date - 4pm on Friday 24th January 2020
Interview date - Friday 31st January 2020
Are you looking to kick start your career in Human Resources? Do you have excellent attention to detail and the ability to deal with high volumes of work?
Portsmouth City Council has an exciting opportunity for a HR Operational Resource Advisor to join our fast paced and friendly team on a full time, fixed term basis.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the HR Operations Manager you will provide effective recruitment support and will be the main point of contact for allocated customers to resolve HR queries; inputting pay related changes into the Oracle Payroll System and issuing Statement of Particulars/ variations to contract within the prescribed deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
Key duties will include:
- Providing recruitment support, undertaking right to work, DBS and reference checks
- Advising on, and resolving, routine HR enquiries (salary and contracts)
- Dealing with telephone, email and face-to-face enquiries
- Handling correspondence, including confidential information and reference requests
- Issuing employment contracts and variation letters to PCC/Schools/external clients employees reflecting the changes to their terms and conditions of service.
What you need to succeed?
The successful candidate will ideally have previous HR administration experience with a flexible approach to adopting new working practices and procedures.
You will have an ability to work pro-actively and positively within a team, working under the pressure of deadlines; an ability to use your own initiative to solve routine issues and be able to work flexibly to meet the requirements of the team and the wider service.
If you have excellent attention to detail and great customer service skills and want to progress within HR we want to hear from you!