Part time 18 hours per week - 4.5 hours per day worked over 4 days
6 months fixed term contract
An opportunity has arisen to be part of the Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme welcoming and supporting Refugees across the County and Rutland.
The Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Worker will be responsible for providing effective integration and orientation support for the Scheme. The families resettled on the Scheme may have complex needs and you will provide the practical and emotional support to help them to adapt to life in the UK.
So if you have:
- Experience in delivering a high quality service supporting positive outcomes for vulnerable refugees who speak English as a second language.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to use appropriate discretion to address complex situations.
- Ability to manage a demanding case load and to plan and prioritise effectively in order to achieve targets and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in partnership with external agencies to achieve positive outcomes for vulnerable families.
- Good written communication skills including the ability to produce clear and concise support plans and reports.
- Good knowledge of the statutory framework in relation to safeguarding and an ability to apply this in practice and in day to day case work.
Then this role might be for you.
If you have any questions, please contact Emma Moonlight 01509 634783 for an informal chat about the role.
Please note that this job requires the post holder to work across the County and Rutland and attend meetings at various different locations.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Secondments will be considered, please ensure you have your Line Manager’s approval to apply.
For further information and to apply on-line, please visit our job page at www.charnwood.gov.uk/jobs.
Closing date: 2nd February 2020
If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date, please assume on this occasion you have not been successful.