Job Title: Library Manager
Location: Tring Library
Salary Range: £20,344 progressing to £22,462 pa (pro rata for part-time)
Hours: 30 hours per week
• To promote the library service to the wider community, and to actively engage with local partnerships and organisations.
• To act as the face of the library service in the community and lead and motivate the library team to deliver and achieve service objectives.
• To undertake the role of site manager at the library with responsibility for providing a library service to the community and for the day-to-day management and supervision of its operation.
• As a member of the West Area Management team, take responsibility for the development and delivery of service provision within the Area.
• To support the delivery of the Inspiring Libraries Strategy, by actively promoting and encouraging all library staff to promote the library to customers, partners and community organisations, and contribute to the ambition of attracting more visitors through participation in outreach and promotional activities in the community, and via partnership working with relevant organisations and community groups to support the delivery of the Inspiring Libraries 10 year strategy.
Hertfordshire County Council have awarded the contract to deliver the Library Service to Libraries for Life, an independent organisation with charitable status. The proposed transition to Libraries for Life will take place on the 1 April 2020. Contract start dates after the 1 April 2020 will be employed on Libraries for Life terms and conditions.
The terms and conditions include:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent career development
- Pension scheme with matched contributions up to 6%
For an informal discussion about the post and timetable details, please contact Helen Sinclair, Operations Librarian or Russel Barrow, Principal Librarian on 0300 123 4049
Closing date: Sunday 26th January 2020
Interview date: Tuesday 4th February 2020