Do you have experience with providing grants for home adaptations or carrying out inspections of domestic properties and writing schedules of works?
Do you want to be part of an experienced and enthusiastic team?
Do your skills include problem solving and negotiation?
We are looking for a positive and enthusiastic professional to join our Private Sector Housing Team. Your primary function will be to help residents to make their grant applications by carrying out site visits to identify eligible works, liaising with architects and contractors, arranging payments and keeping accurate records. Your role will also involve helping to bring empty homes back into occupation. You will need to have experience of grants legislation or of carrying out surveys of residential properties and writing schedules of work. You will also need good communication and negotiation skills.
This post is a full time role working 37 hours per week. The initial contract is for two years with the possibility of extension.
The grant work will take approximately 80% of the officer’s time. The remaining 20% will be spent on empty homes and general private sector housing duties.
The borough of Waverley is situated in Surrey, on the borders of Sussex and Hampshire. It is a beautiful place, consistently rated as one of the best places in the country to live and work. The borough is within easy reach of London and the south coast.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Simon Brisk (Private Sector Housing Manager) on 01483 523421.
We do not accept CVs without a completed application form. Strictly no agencies please.
Closing date for applications: 9:00am Tuesday 21 January 2020
Interview date: Thursday 30 January 2020
Please note we do not accept applications after the time given on the advert.