Wokingham Borough Council who are based in Wokingham Town Centre are currently recruiting for a full time permanent Streetworks Coordinator. The successful candidate will work with our Streetworks Team and will be responsible for the assessment of incoming Streetworks permits, licences and temporary Traffic Regulation Order (generally road closure) applications.
This will include reviewing the impact of work on the travelling public to minimise disruption and reduce congestion on the public highway in accordance with legislative requirements and the Council’s objectives The role will also ensure that the council’s high standard of customer care are maintained in view of the Streetworks function.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
• To work within Statutory, Council and Government guidelines and ensuring statutory compliance in the delivery of the service
• Maintaining and updating the knowledge of the service throughout the organisation including the updating of thresholds, rules, scripts, developing best practice and contributing to continuous improvement in service delivery
• Supporting the application of knowledge to support lead projects and contributing to the development of corporate policy, strategy and plans including responding to legislative and guidance changes.
• Process more straightforward applications and cases that require less specialist expertise and advising the case management & service processing team on aspects of minor/less contentious applications or cases
• Provide advice and input to the delivery of excellent customer service working with customer facing staff and staff with other specialist areas to provide seamless services to customers
• Working with case management and customer services to manage customer issues effectively, providing excellent customer care and delivering improved outcomes for customers, communities and clients
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:-
• You will have knowledge of Streetworks legislative requirements specifically New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991, Traffic Management Act 1991 and associated codes of practice
• Good IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be motivated, flexible, adaptable and well organised
• Be adaptable and overcome problems
• Ability to meet tight deadline/timescales
• Excellent team player and be able to work as an individual
• Supervisor level NRSWA accreditation
For further information about this role, please contact Edward Day on 07714 226705.
Closing date: 11pm, 24th January 2020
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
To apply, please follow the link to the online application form. CVs are not accepted.
Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 711301
Wokingham Borough Council is an equal opportunities employer.