The Safer Spaces service exists to reduce the incidence of anti-social behaviour, environmental crime and other community safety concerns in order to make the Royal Borough of Greenwich a safer, cleaner and healthier place for our residents, businesses and visitors.
Following a redesign of the service, we are now looking to appoint an exceptional candidate as Safer Spaces Community Safety Enforcement Supervisor.
Our Community Safety Enforcement Supervisors are responsible for improving community safety outcomes throughout the Royal Borough's main Town Centres, secondary shopping areas and parks. In support of the Council's approach to Integrated Enforcement, the Supervisor will also be driving collaboration with other enforcement colleagues and agencies, and in other parts of the borough as required.
Line managing a small number of Community Safety Enforcement Officers, our Supervisor will be expected to demonstrate enthusiastic and supportive leadership, assess and identify solutions to enviro crime and wider community safety problems, and lead on exciting projects to make the Royal Borough a safer place.
Essential criteria for the role include:
* Ability to build good working relationships with others, both inside and out of the Council, in support of Integrated Enforcement - our ambition to improve collaborative working across enforcement teams and partners.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, with a diverse range of people.
* Able to work outside normal office hours in line with the changing demands of the post. This includes a range of shifts, including evening working and weekends.
* Current Non-Police personnel level 2 vetting or willingness to achieve such vetting as required. A DBS check will be required as a minimum.
* Understanding of and commitment to the Council's equal opportunities policies and ability to put into practice in the context of this post.
* Understanding of and commitment to the Council's values and ability to put into practice in the context of this post.
We are particularly looking for people with a community safety and/or enforcement background, and who have an understanding of crime prevention, problem solving and trauma informed practice. Training will however be available for the right individuals appointed.
For further information, please contact Leanna Minahan (Head of Service) or Daniel Carberry (Lead Supervisor) - 0208 921 5703 or email at Safer-Spaces-
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.