Please note that Surrey County Council's headquarters, where this role is currently based, will be relocating back into Surrey in 2020 to support our Community Vision 2030.
This is a permanent full time role although part time working will be considered.
About the role
Are you looking for an opportunity to build on your HR career with a large, varied and diverse organisation?
Surrey County Council is the largest employer in Surrey and has over 11,000 staff working in a variety of roles ranging from casual caterers to strategic directors. Our organisation is split across a diverse range of directorates and services spanning the entire county. This diversity can create challenges but it also presents a great opportunity to be involved in rewarding work that makes a real difference to the lives of our residents.
We are recruiting a generalist HR Consultant to provide support for teachers and support staff in Surrey maintained schools. The role holder will be responsible for providing statutory HR employment advice. The role holder will be part of the People Consultancy team and whilst they will have a focus on support to schools, alongside their colleagues they will also provide generalist HR advice in full range of ER casework.
The successful applicant will
- Deliver high quality HR advice/ services engaging a range of stakeholders.
- Liaise, communicate and build relationships with other departments, customers, partner organisations, agencies and/or contractors to engage and consult on plans or projects as appropriate.
- Deliver HR projects and/or audits within a defined area of work as directed to input to relevant strategies and contribute to the delivery of directorate objectives.
Although this role involves working as part of a well-supported team you will be given the tools to work independently and flexibly as the business needs to allow you to deliver work to a high standard.
To be shortlisted to interview your expression of interest will evidence with examples where relevant:
- Sound practical experience in the use and application of policy and practice to casework within Schools.
- Sound practical experience advising on teachers pay and conditions and ability to communicate relevant HR and employment law / education policy changes and issues to schools.
- Have or be working towards CIPD qualification or able to evidence equivalent knowledge and understanding of HR & Organisation Development disciplines.
- A flexible and adaptive approach to work
For more information on the roles and responsibilities of this position please review the Job Description attached before applying.
For an informal discussion please do feel free to contact Daryle Lowden via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 19th January 2020.
Interviews to be held the week commencing 27th January 2020.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.