Housing Options Officer (DHH305)
Grade F (SCP 12 – 19) £21,589 - £24,799 per annum
37 Hours per week, fixed term contract until November 2020
Do you like the satisfaction of knowing that you helped prevent a family becoming homeless? Or having made sure someone who is vulnerable has a roof over their head for the night?
An opportunity is available to join our award winning Housing Options Team and develop our service in line with new legislation regarding homelessness. Key responsibilities will include:
- Assessing housing and support needs for applicants who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
- Working with applicants and partners in order to agree personalised housing plans.
- Making statutory decisions regarding homelessness in accordance with current legislation.
- Taking proactive steps to reduce rough sleeping and prevent homelessness.
- Managing our waiting list and nomination agreements with registered providers.
If you want a job that makes a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people then this could be the role for you.
Please note that an Enhanced DBS check will be required in the event of an individual being offered the position.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website at: https://www.staffordbc.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers
Closing date for completed applications: Sunday 26 January 2020
Interviews will be held: Wednesday 5 February 2020