Reference number - 2817/3469
Location - Portsmouth
Salary - Band 9 £31,370 - £34,787p.a.
Job type/hours - 1 Year Fixed Term Contract, Full time 37 hours per week
Closing date - 5pm on Monday 20th January 2020
Interview date - Monday 27th January 2020
An opportunity has arisen for an HR Practitioner to join Portsmouth City Council on a 1 year fixed term contract.
The Human Resources Practitioner is responsible for providing a service that is fit for purpose and understands the needs of the business. You will be working across the City Councils Operational services, Schools and Academies to deliver a full range of operational case work activities.
The role of Human Resources Practitioner reports directly to the HR Manager. You will be working closely with services, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting and supporting line managers to deliver solutions.
The role of HR Practitioner based in Portsmouth is varied and will include:
- Working in partnership to understand customer (business) needs and shaping suitable solutions.
- Responsible for managing case work such as formal action, organisation change etc.
- Listening to our customer and managing expectations in accordance with P.L.A.N (Proportionate, Lawful, Accountable and Necessary).
- Working with and supporting HR Business Partners with project work.
- Understanding the business, it's external and internal demands, and shaping processes to enable us to add value to the service.
The successful HR Practitioner will be CIPD qualified or have proven equivalent experience and be willing to work towards CIPD qualification.
- Proven successful experience of Operational HR delivering successful outcomes on complex Employee matters.
- Responsible for providing professional advice to Senior Manager/Head Teachers assisting them to drive business processes.
- Extensive experience in working with Trade Unions.
- Thrive on change whilst keeping abreast of HR technology and development.
- Passionate about your role and someone who wants to hit the ground running.
If you are a professional and dynamic individual who relishes new challenges and has proven experience of delivering successful outcomes on complex employee matters we want to hear from you!