Team: Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards – Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Team
Job Family: Providing, CBG5
Salary: £18,795 - £19,171 per annum per annum pro rata
Hours: 33 hours per week
Base Location: Priory House, Shefford
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 1st January 2020
Interview Date: W/C 6th January 2020
More about the role:
At Central Bedfordshire Council you will be supported to find your greatness. This role will allow the successful candidate to be part of a vital process that protects the rights and freedoms of some of the most vulnerable in our community. You will be part of a team that helps to ensure appropriate care is provided to those living in care homes or receiving hospital treatment but cannot give their consent.
Through administrative support you will help to ensure timely processing of authorisation requests, accurate recording and provide scrutiny of assessment quality.
The successful candidate will form part of a well-established team. You will receive the necessary support and training and work alongside other Business Support Officers and Administrators on a daily basis.
There is also opportunity to provide administrative support more widely, across the adult safeguarding team, which also considers alerts of abuse or neglect of people that have care and support needs. This will provide variety in the role and encourage ongoing growth and development.
- Provide a confidential support to operations of the Adult Safeguarding Team – including Adult Safeguarding and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
- Administration of adult safeguarding alerts and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards requests from receipt to completion. This is using the Council’s systems and involving Council staff, external agencies and the public.
- Provide and manage spreadsheet systems, monitoring, updating and analysing data as and when required to a high and accurate standard, checking accuracy and prioritising work.
- Provide and manage word processing systems, drafting letters, proof-reading assessments, preparing documents and correspondence as and when required to a high and accurate standard, checking accuracy and prioritising workload.
- Provide an effective link with all levels of local authority personnel and other organisations.
- Provide an effective link with members of the public. In particular, families and representatives of people using care services.
- Undertake SAP procurement as required, deal with invoices in a timely manner, and answer any financial queries, ensuring that invoices match up to purchase orders to facilitate prompt payment
We’re looking for someone with good Maths and English skills (to GCSE grade C standard or equivalent), who is proficient in Microsoft Office and has experience of providing administrative support. You’ll also have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail. You’ll be part of a small team and be provided with clear guidance on the specific administrative tasks required of you.
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work’.
To apply for this role, you will be expected to demonstrate how you meet the key accountabilities and competencies detailed within this Recruitment Pack: Administrator Recruitment Pack
Click HERE to apply now
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Dan Baker at Daniel.Baker@centralbedfordshire.gov.uk or call 0300 300 8122
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: The Recruitment Team at email@example.com
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in the workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer, we are working to become a Disability Confident leader in our community.
To maintain a fair and consistent approach for applicants, it is Central Bedfordshire Council's policy to only consider applications submitted via our online system and we therefore thank you for not submitting your application offline. If you do not have a CV to hand, please click here for a CV template that you can use to create your CV to apply for this role.