Reading Borough Council is a continually high achieving Transport Authority with a proven track record of service delivery.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Planning, Transport & Regulatory Services section for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual with the drive and desire to succeed. The successful applicant will work within the Strategic Transport service area to lead project management, project planning, and performance monitoring and reporting to deliver a range of capital schemes and proposals for change and service priorities within the service.
About the role
The main duties of the role will include:
- Providing project management leadership on various projects as identified within the Council’s Local Transport Plan and Corporate Plan.
- Lead and manage major projects and contracts, ensure all national, regional and local guidance is observed in both the letting and managing of such contracts.
- Develop and manage the implementation of transport schemes throughout the Reading Urban Area including cross boundary schemes and manage.
- Monitor and report on expenditure of change/project costs, aligning with current and future savings/income targets.
- It would be beneficial if you have a qualification in transport planning, planning, regeneration, project management or a related discipline to degree level or equivalent, although this is not essential.
- You must have very good communication skills and be able to work creatively and constructively within a team, with other parts of the Council and partner organisations.
- A crucial part of this role will be your ability to work positively with stakeholders, the local community and elected members to deliver projects in line with the Council’s priorities.
- A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave.
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay.
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities.
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading.
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees.
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work.
Closing Date: 13th January 2020
Interview Date: week commencing 20th January 2020
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change.