Claygate Centre Assistant
Community Support Services
25 Hours Per Week (5 hours a day)
Salary £9.72 - £10.62 per hour
Can you be flexible in your approach? Do you have a creative and enthusiastic nature? Do you have experience working with older people with disabilities? Do you want to make a difference? If this sounds like you, read on?
The Claygate Centre Assistant’s help with social activities and provide care and support for older people and people with disabilities to maintain their independence. Centres offer a wide variety of activities. As you can imagine being part of the Centre requires someone who enjoy supporting older people, has strong communication and organisational skills as well as Flexibility, good team skills and energy. Full training is provided however, experience of working in a care environment is essential.
What is special about this role?
- You will be able to help visitors to the Centre enjoy their time within the Centre
You will be creative, committed and enthusiastic. You will have,
- a good standard of education
- experience of working with older people
- knowledge of community care
- the ability to maintain care records
We are proud of our commitment to support our older and more vulnerable residents through the community support team. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Meals on wheels
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Relief carers scheme
- Independent living centre
- And specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
What are you waiting for?
If you have any questions, for further information please contact Trudy Burgess Claygate Centre Manager on 01372 463476