£39,438 per annum for 36 per week based at Royal Surrey County Hospital SCT, Egerton Road, Guildford, GU2 7XX with cover also at Milford, Haslemere and Farnham Community Hospitals in South West Surrey.
Where possible we offer flexible working. Mobile phones and laptops are issued to all social workers. 24 days annual leave for full time staff, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service. Local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme.
About the role
We currently have a permanent full time vacancy for a qualified, experienced senior social worker in the Royal Surrey County Hospital social care team, also covering the community hospitals in South West Surrey.
Are you a qualified, HCPC registered social worker with at least 3 years post-registration experience as a social worker in a social care or multi-agency community setting?
We are looking for someone who is motivated and flexible with high professional standards to work in a busy hospital setting.
You must have sound knowledge and experience of current legislation and its application to practice, including the Care Act and the Mental Capacity Act.
As a Senior Social Worker you will have responsibility for undertaking the assessment, support planning and review process for new referrals for more complex patient discharges to enable a successful hospital discharge.
You will need to be confident in undertaking safeguarding enquiries, carry out assessments within the hospital setting and working with a diverse group of individuals and partner agencies.
You will be able to communicate in a clear, fluent, concise and jargon-free way and in a courteous, calm and professional manner.
You will be able to supervise less experienced members of staff within the team and support their development, including those completing ASYE and social work students. In return for all of your skills, enthusiasm and commitment we will support you to take your career to the next level.
In Adult Social Care we value our staff and as part of that commitment we ensure all our staff have a full induction. The induction programme is designed to ensure new starters complete their mandatory training and are equipped with the skills and knowledge to undertake their new role. The programme will consist of a variety of classroom training, E-Learning and workplace shadowing opportunities.
How we will support you in your role:
You will receive regular professional supervision, an annual appraisal and be working in a team of motivated, dedicated and friendly colleagues. When you join us, you will be assigned a 'buddy' to help you settle into your role.
Excellent training including a thorough 3 week induction, essential training matrix linked to your role and professional development plans.
If you would like to join us please submit your CV and personal statement clearly evidencing:
- Experience of working with people with complex issues, preferably within a hospital setting.
- An ability to be proactive and a good communicator.
- Recognised Social work qualification (DipSW, CQSW, CSS or approved equivalent, BA Hons Social Work or other relevant degree in Social Work).
- Registration with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- ASYE completed (if registered post June 2016).
- Holder of a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
At Surrey we really value our staff and as part of this commitment we ensure all staff:
- Attend a full 3 week induction where you will undertake all the mandatory training you will need. This will include classroom training, e-learning and a range of work place shadowing opportunities.
- Receive an annual appraisal along with regular supervision sessions
- Are assigned a "buddy" to help you settle into your new role
- Are provided with a personal performance plan to support your career development
- Have access to a wide range of training opportunities to help you develop yourself within the role
Other benefits of working for Surrey include:
- 24 days paid holiday a year, increasing to 28 days after 2 years' service.
- A local government pension scheme
- HCPC registration paid
- Flexible working
- Laptop and mobile phone provided to all Social Workers
Full access to a range of other benefits such as:
- Tax free child care vouchers
- An excellent lease car scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounts on holidays
- Shopping vouchers
And many many more!
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description and person specification.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For an informal discussion please contact Kim Harriott (Team Manager) or Lucy Newman-Smith, Louise Byrne or Leah Drake (Assistant Team Managers) on 01483 464008.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on Sunday 22nd December 2019.
Interview date is to be arranged.