Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.Hillingdon have some of the biggest development sites in London, including Heathrow airport, RAF Uxbridge, the Old Vinyl Factory site in Hayes and major re-development around two Crossrail stations.
About the job
The post-holder will take a lead role within the Council Development Management team. The successful candidate will deal with Major and Strategic planning applications within the Borough, including pre-application submissions. There are a variety of exciting projects within the Borough which would suit an enthusiastic senior officer looking to step up to bigger projects.
About the person
The ideal candidates should have relevant Town and Country Planning or equivalent qualifications; be a member (or be eligible) of the RTPI or equivalent body; be able to demonstrate good experience and knowledge across the planning and development sector with knowledge of dealing with applications; IT literate; highly organised and an effective team worker.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Mandip Malhotra on 01895558384. We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses