28 to 30 hours per week to be worked over 5 days, Term Time only plus occasional days during school holidays as required
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and organised professional to play a key role in our school.
We are looking to appoint a School Business Manager to help ensure the efficient running of the school to manage and oversee the support functions of Finance, Human Resources, Administration, Premises and Facilities and H & S.
The Federation Business Manager, a Finance Assistant and a Premises team support the role. The successful candidate must have evidence of a strong finance background and some experience at a manger level of the other support functions.
The candidate should also be able to demonstrate that they:
- Have the ability to effectively evaluate financial information and prepare a realistic balanced budget
- Have the ability to write and present effective reports
- Are able to prioritise, allocate and plan workload of self and others, including meeting management deadlines
- Can work with others in a positive manner
- Are accurate and well organised in approach to work
- Can lead on initiatives or projects in support of the Federation strategic plans and goals
- Have the ability to understand and advise others on policies and procedures
We would be pleased to receive applications from those currently in a school role and wish to take the next step to further their career or currently studying for the CSBM qualification or those who would like to move to a school environment. Full training will be given.
Southcote Primary School:
“Pupils really enjoy being part of the community and they are complimentary about the effective support they receive from staff.” Ofsted 2017
Katesgrove Primary School:
“Pupils want to come to school to learn, and families know that once their children are at school, they are safe, nurtured and well educated”. Ofsted 2017
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and actively encouraged.
Closing date; Monday 6th January 2020. Interview date TBC.
The Kennet Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The appointment will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check, appropriate references and health clearance.