Full details - We've set up a dedicated recruitment website for IT and Digital roles, you can learn more about the work we do, our customers, vision, available roles and what it's like to work for us by visiting www.kingston-sutton-digital-jobs.co.uk/
Digital and IT is a shared service between Kingston and Sutton Councils providing digital and technology services to both Councils as well as a number of arm's length companies.
We're committed to delivering great public services that are not only highly effective but also easily accessible. We’ve championed the digitisation of services as well as adopting a ‘mobile first’ model to ensure that this commitment is fulfilled.
Working in the Information Governance and Records Management team, you’ll be responsible for providing co-ordinated support regarding information governance to all services within the councils and driving forward the improvement agenda within the authorities.
The role reports directly to the Information Governance and Records Manager and its main purpose is to:
- Drive forward the Information Governance agenda and develop and promote policies and initiatives to drive good governance throughout both organisations
- Specialise in information governance legislation and guidance to ensure the councils meet their statutory obligations. Provide advice on all information governance matters
- Support the Data Protection Officer (DPO) in all areas of information governance
- Manage the incoming requests for information that fall within the FOI, EIR and DP Acts and Regulations for Digital and IT, including DPO mailbox
- Build capacity within the councils to ensure that they have the quality of people required to discharge our statutory responsibilities for information governance and embrace good practice
- Design and deliver information governance training and awareness sessions for colleagues throughout the organisations
- Assist on the implementation of information governance improvement initiatives and developments across the councils
- Investigate opportunities for improvement following changes to information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change
- Assist with requirements gathering, data collection and analysis and problem investigations
- Assist with the preparation of business cases which define potential benefits and associated business risks
- Assist with collation of information governance data, presentation and quarterly reporting
- Coordinate monthly Information Security Board meetings
- Keep abreast of developments in the information governance world nationally and maintain awareness of the ICO guidance on good practice
- Represent the councils at regional and national information governance events and forums.
Main duties of the job for appointment at or progression to Grade H include:
- As a member of the Governance Team, assist in implementing key counciland directorate strategies and policies in order to provide a clear focus of governance activity linked to the organisations’ objectives
- Assist with the procurement, development and implementation of systems to ensure compliance with FOI and DP
- Undertake analytical activities, deliver and present (either written or orally) analysis outputs in accordance with customer needs and conforming to agreed standards.
- Liaise with the ICO on all appeals made to them and on any cases that progress beyond initial investigation
- Assist with the data analysis and production of ad hoc monitoring information for presentation at board meetings.
Main duties of the job for appointment at or progression to Grade I include:
- Develop initiatives to promote and enhance a supportive and cooperative working relationship with Information Asset Owners and Administrators at all levels throughout both organisations
- Work with colleagues and users to investigate information governance issues, problems and new opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes / procedures, organisation and equipment
- Provide advice and guidance to services on any matters relating to information governance and the councils’ policies and procedures regarding responding to requests for information, requests for internal reviews, complaints to the ICO, and any appeals to the tribunal.
In order to successfully deliver the responsibilities of the role, you will need to:
- Question and challenge ways of working, with an understanding of the bigger picture in terms of the corporate context and external environment
- Demonstrate agility and adaptability in mindset and ways of working
- Work successfully with key stakeholders within and outside of the Council
- Demonstrate commitment to own personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the role
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity
- Actively engage in positive cross organisational communications and team working
- Communicate clearly, confidently and appropriately with colleagues using the best methods of communication for the task.
- Practical experience of the operation and implementation of training and development within an Information Governance and Security context
- The rules and regulations around Local Government The application of FOI, DP and EIR and systems in Local Government
- Understands and uses appropriate methods, tools and applications
- Demonstrates a rational and organised approach to work
- Effective case management processes
- Familiar with Information Security principles.Track record of building excellent stakeholder relationships
- Familiar with the use of everyday desktop software
- Excellent working knowledge and a champion of ITIL practices
Benefits we offer
Kingston Council has good access to central London and our offices are a short walk from the station based in the middle of the historic and vibrant high street next to the open spaces of the river Thames, offering a wide range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; all making for a desirable place to live and work.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of staff benefits, some of which include:
- 26-29 days annual leave - In addition you will receive 8 statutory bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Interest free season loan ticket
- Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
- Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
- A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued.
- Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices.
Please apply online detailing what experience, skills and abilities you can bring to this role and our IT and Digital Service by visiting www.kingston-sutton-digital-jobs.co.uk/