We are changing in Islington Adult Social Care and we are determined to meet our challenges and ambition in equal measure. Our aim is to be the best Council in the country for prevention and early intervention.
Through our practice framework, Building Strengths for Better Lives, we aim to promote well-being, develop resilient communities and work alongside individuals and their families to help them find the right support at the right time.
We have high expectations of our staff and to help you achieve this we offer regular supervision within a strengths based and reflective practice framework, extensive training opportunities, practice development sessions and opportunities to participate in specific project and development groups.
We want to a recruit a committed, competent and caring Head of Service for our In House Provider Services on a fixed term contract for up to 18 months.
The post holder will report directly to the Assistant Director for In House Provider Services and provide overall direct operational management support to services including both regulated and non-regulated service areas across different sites. This will include the newly developed Single Point of Access (as it is currently known until the engagement with service users and staff identifies a new name for the service going forward). The Service includes Discharge to Assess, Reablement and Home Support, Admission Avoidance, Hospital and Intermediate Care Teams) Telecare.
The successful candidate will be a Social Worker and be registered with the HCPC. The successful candidate will provide professional supervision to social workers, leading on safeguarding and quality assurance and ensuring high levels of safeguarding knowledge and awareness within the relevant services. Excellent knowledge of statutory requirements relating to regulated services, CQC standards and national policy in relation to health and social care is essential for this role.
You will also need to;
- Collaborate with people and their community by building relationships, encouraging choice and control, promoting well-being, and nurturing community connections
- Empower people by building on strengths, being person-centered, and making the most of informal support and resources
- Ensure Efficient use of resources by providing the right level of support to the right people at the right time
- Be committed to Excellent Practice and outcomes and continual learning and improvement
- Acknowledge that everyone has a role to play in Improving Practice and outcomes from senior managers to social care practitioners
- Be Open to support, challenge and change
The role will be based at 222 Upper Street but the successful person will be required to be flexible across the services. If you would thrive on undertaking this challenge, want to work for a Council that ‘walks the talk’ when it comes to fairness, supporting the most vulnerable in society and ensuring dignity for everyone in a diverse community and workforce, please get in touch and apply for this exciting opportunity.
Closing date: Thursday 02 January 2020
Interview/ Testing date: To be confirmed
For an informal discussion, please contact Melanie Oliver - Assistant Director - In House Services on 0207 527 8916.