Full details - We've set up a dedicated recruitment website for IT and Digital roles, you can learn more about the work we do, our customers, vision, available roles and what it's like to work for us by visiting www.kingston-sutton-digital-jobs.co.uk/
Digital and IT is a shared service between Kingston and Sutton Councils providing digital and technology services to both Councils as well as a number of arm's length companies.
We're committed to delivering great public services that are not only highly effective but also easily accessible. We’ve championed the digitisation of services as well as adopting a ‘mobile first’ model to ensure that this commitment is fulfilled.
Working in the Cloud & Platform team, you’ll be responsible for the management of the technology infrastructure and operational delivery. We are particularly keen to hear from people with experience managing Citrix environments.
The role reports directly to one of the Cloud and Platform Leads and its main purpose is to:
- Manage the Citrix virtual desktop platform, supporting 5,000 users across three organisations.
- Operate as part of the Cloud and Platform team, managing the environment and security on a day to day basis
- Fix or provide workarounds to infrastructure issues ensuring the fixes are documented to the appropriate level and remain within SLA
- Ensure standard fixes are documented and handed over to the Service Desk to improve first time fix ratio and therefore customer satisfaction
- Undertake proactive monitoring and maintenance of Cloud and Platform infrastructure
- Design and deploy changes and upgrades to the environment
- Create quality operational procedures for recoverability, availability, capacity and security management. Ensure they are documented and auditable in line with regulatory and business requirements
- Act as a technical specialist to solve known problems
- Carry out project work as part of virtual team across Digital & IT
- Develop technical recovery plans that contribute towards the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans
- Act as the custodians of the production environment and ensure the quality of the environment through the strict use of the Release and Change Management processes
- Act as a point of escalation for technical queries from other teams in ICT
- Ensures that all documentation is written, maintained and executed to the highest standards and acts as a champion of the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Ensure the security of the ICT systems both physically and logically.
- Provide out of hours support for the Cloud and Platform services and infrastructure and may additionally be asked to join the formal Out of Hours support rota
- Work within the ITIL framework.
In order to successfully deliver the responsibilities of the role, you will need to:
- Question and challenge ways of working, with an understanding of the bigger picture in terms of the corporate context and external environment
- Demonstrate agility and adaptability in mindset and ways of working
- Work successfully with key stakeholders within and outside of the Council
- Demonstrate commitment to own personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the role
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity
- Actively engage in positive cross organisational communications and team working
- Communicate clearly, confidently and appropriately with colleagues using the best methods of communication for the task.
- Experience in the management of the processes, systems and functions in complex IT and cloud environments
- Demonstrable, in-depth understanding of desktop and application virtualisation technologies (XenDesktop, XenApp, AppV, PVS, UPM, ADC)
- Demonstrable, in-depth understanding of IT Infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks etc) and the IT applications and service processes used
- One or more technical specialisms that forms part of a balanced coverage of current and emerging Cloud and Platform technologies
- Experience in the purpose and composition of a service level agreement (SLA); the relationship between an SLA and a contract for the supply of services
- A track record of delivering excellent customer service
- A strong understanding of ITIL
Technical infrastructure and the Cloud and Platform team
The councils’ technical infrastructure faces a time of change. As well as both modern and legacy on-premise infrastructure, we are increasingly changing how we work to encompass cloud technologies and collaborative working with public and private organisations and with our communities. That means that our Cloud and Platform team must possess the skills to manage the traditional infrastructure, as well as the ambition and mindset to embrace and explore new ways of working.
Benefits we offer
Kingston Council has good access to central London and our offices are a short walk from the station based in the middle of the historic and vibrant high street next to the open spaces of the river Thames, offering a wide range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; all making for a desirable place to live and work.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of staff benefits, some of which include:
- 29 days annual leave - In addition you will receive 8 statutory bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Interest free season loan ticket
- Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
- Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
- A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued.
- Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices.
Please apply online detailing what experience, skills and abilities you can bring to this role and our IT and Digital Service by visiting www.kingston-sutton-digital-jobs.co.uk/