Job Title: Support Worker
Location: Apton Road Supported Living Service, Bishops Stortford, CM23 2SN
Salary: £18,795 progressing to £20,344, plus Market Forces Payment £1300 pro rata (non contractual)* subject to criteria
Hours: 37 hours per week
THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE WEEKEND WORKING AND SHIFT WORK PATTERNS
Apton Road is a Supported Living Scheme in Bishops Stortford offering social care, and support. On the site there are 19 adults with learning disabilities who are tenants of Aldwyck Housing Association – a Social Care landlord. The site also has a care home unit offering respite care in a 4 bedded house.
The support offered takes into account the varying needs of people including: mild to severe learning disabilities, mental health difficulties, sensory impairments, epilepsy and the beginnings of age related conditions, particularly dementia.
The aim is to assist/support people to learn or maintain daily living skills to enable independence as far as possible. All staff employed at the scheme are trained to an appropriate level and are expected to treat everyone with dignity and respect. The service offered at Apton Road is 24 hours and includes waking night staff to meet people’s needs.
Apton Road also has three group homes: two in Bishops Stortford and one in Buntingford along with an outreach service for flats and house in the Bishops Stortford area.
Travelling to Apton Road
Postcode for Sat. Navs: CM23 3SN, Parking Restrictions: Car park on property
By Public Transport
Nearest Bus Stop: Bishop Stortford Interchange – Adderley Road – outside Snap Fitness Gym, opposite Wetherspoons. Routes from Harlow to Stansted Airport: 508, 509 and 510.
Please follow this link for route: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/herts-and-essex/places/bishops-stortford/
Nearest Train Station: Bishops Stortford, Greater Anglia, 0.4 m, 9 min walk. Please follow link for travel information. https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/travel-information/live-departure-arrival-boards/RYH
Landmarks: Next to St Michael’s School
About the job:
- To support service users, in line with their support plans, including people with complex emotional and physical needs to maximise and maintain their independence.
- Promote good practice and provide formal supervision in line with the performance Management and Development Scheme to nominated junior staff and give day to day guidance to any junior staff
- Undertake medication duties, including administration and recording, and where appropriate supervise junior staff in this task
- To be responsible for co-ordination of service users finances/handling money in line with support plans.
- Participate in improving the quality of service experienced by the people we support.
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships with service users, family carers and other agencies in order to understand the needs and rights of disabled adults.
- Confident in the use of a computer to organise and record information clearly and accurately.
- Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and the people you support.
What we can offer you:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering exciting innovative opportunities.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
- Incredibly generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
As part of the application you will be required to complete a pre-determined test on a computer and provide a full supporting statement detailing your suitability based on the requirements of the role detailed on the job outline, as we are unable to accept applications without these.
If you would like to arrange a visit or would like an informal chat about the role, please feel free to call Cath Sharples or Ashura Washokera on 01279 755656
Closing date: 10 December 2019
Interview date: 18 December 2019