Job Title: Residential Support Worker
Location: Isabel Court, Walton Road, Hoddesdon EN11 0LQ
Salary: £18,795 - £20,344 (£9.74 - £10.54 per hour) plus Market Forces Payment £1300 pro rata (non contractual)* subject to criteria
Hours: 37 & 16 hours per week available
THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE WORKING EVERY OTHER WEEKEND AND SHIFT WORK PATTERNS
For an informal discussion regarding things role please contact Jill Hetherington or Ranj Virdee
At Isabel Court we are proud of supporting adults with varying disabilities to give them the platform to leading independent lives. We help them to get the most out of life, with day to day activities such as planning meals and finances to accessing community activities and employment, as well as being there to listen. In return, we’ll give you all the training, support and development opportunities you need to make the most of this rewarding role and achieve your individual goals in life.
Nearest Bus Stop: Cranbourne School or Whitley Road (Routes 310 & 410) Please follow this link for route information: https://bustimes.org/services/310-waltham-cross-hertford & https://bustimes.org/services/410-waltham-cross-cheshunt-broxbourne-hoddesdon-ha
Nearest Train Station: Rye House, Greater Anglia, 0.5m, 9 min walk. Please follow link for travel information. https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/travel-information/live-departure-arrival-boards/RYH
About the job:
- To support service users, in line with their support plans, including people with complex emotional and physical needs to maximise and maintain their independence.
- Promote good practice and provide formal supervision in line with the performance Management and Development Scheme to nominated junior staff and give day to day guidance to any junior staff
- Undertake medication duties, including administration and recording, and where appropriate supervise junior staff in this task
- To be responsible for co-ordination of service users finances/handling money in line with support plans.
- Participate in improving the quality of service experienced by the people we support.
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships with service users, family carers and other agencies in order to understand the needs and rights of disabled adults.
- Confident in the use of a computer to organise and record information clearly and accurately.
- Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and the people you support.
What we can offer you:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering exciting innovative opportunities.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
- Incredibly generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
As part of the application you will be required to complete a pre-determined test on a computer and provide a full supporting statement detailing your suitability based on the requirements of the role detailed on the job outline, as we are unable to accept applications without these.
If you would like to arrange a visit or would like an informal chat about the role, please feel free to call Ranj Virdee or Jill Hetherington on 01992 468 652
Closing date: 8 December 2019
Interview date: TBC