We have an exciting opportunity within our Case Services Team for a Case Officer to work primarily within our repairs service are the first point of contact for council tenants regarding the repair and maintenance of their homes. Case Officers are expected to be flexible and supportive of colleagues and may, on occasions, be required to support other service areas within the Case Services remit.
Key responsibilities include:
- Answering telephone calls and other contacts from customers relating to the repair and maintenance of their homes and shared areas
- Responding to routine enquiries from customers providing appropriate advice and information
- The diagnosis, prioritisation and scheduling of repair requirements including raising jobs and organising appointments
- Providing administrative and clerical support to colleagues including producing letters via templates and mail merge, scanning and filing (electronically) of key documents, processing orders and invoices, data entry and database management and scheduling meetings and appointments.
Experience of delivering administration services in an office environment is essential while experience of working in a local authority or similar organisation would be an advantage.
The ideal applicant will:
- Be an experienced call handler and/or administrator
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Be a team player who can work in a flexible and supportive manner
- Be able to handle multiple tasks at once and manage their own time well
- Deliver their work to a consistently high standard
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Have excellent IT skills, proficient in using Microsoft Office
Interviews will take place on the 8 January 2020.
How to Apply