A great Business Support Assistant supports the whole organisation. Help us deliver valuable services to our residents.
We’re proud of our community. The care we give and the services we provide.
There’ll always be room for your ideas here. This is about taking ownership and having the opportunity to learn, develop and progress.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
The Business Support Team is a small team that provides support to the Adult Community and Intermediate Care Teams within the People’s Directorate.
We cover a wide range of services including being the first point of contact for the people of Bracknell Forest, General Practitioners, Hospitals, Safeguarding to name but a few.
We support with dealing with correspondence, emails, faxes, administration of the Falls/Positive steps clinics, Sensory Needs, Continuing Health Care, Blue Badges and Data management reports.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To be solely responsible for the administration of Blue Badges. To support the Business Support Team Manager and Mobility Assessor by the ordering of blue badges, dealing with members of the public via telephone calls and ensuring the correct paperwork is submitted to avoid fraud and misuse.
- To prepare data for reporting ensuring deadlines are met. Continuously monitoring data to ensure high level of quality is achieved.
- Research and investigate the misuse of blue badges and accurately report on statistics of blue badges.
- To work with the Business Support Team Manager to continually improve the blue badge procedures and attend any workshops that deal with the changes and updates from the Department for Transport. To contribute with various audits, returns and inspections.
- To ensure adherence to Health and Safety Regulations.
- To perform any other duties/tasks as may from time to time be necessary and compatible with the nature of the post.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We are seeking an experienced Business Support Assistant with strong administration skills, awareness of confidentiality and an understanding of the Blue Badge Scheme.
You must be committed to supporting and challenging members of the public, ensuring high standards of administration support to multi-disciplinary teams.
Enabling the people of Bracknell Forest to be connected to their community and safeguarding them from harm.
Interviews will be held on Friday 10th January 2020.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name Gail Ebden
Job Title Business Support Team Manager
Phone Number 01344 351460