£23,951 per annum for 36 hours per week based at Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road, Woking GU22 7QQ. This position is based inside one of our main area offices, click HERE to see a 360 degree view of the building and surrounding area along with a view of the reception.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
About the role
- You will be undertaking general and varied administrative duties in order to provide support to a front line operational team within Adult Social Care, supporting the Prison Social Care Team.
- Using the county council's SAP system, you will record time administration data
- You will coordinate all arrangements for team meetings and events
- You will be expected to deal with complex telephone enquiries, a wide range of correspondence, and diary management.
- You will take both notes and minutes for meetings. This will also include ensuring actions and recommendations are followed up within specified time frames.
- As this is a generalist role, you duties will be varied according to the needs of the service.
- You will play a co-ordinator function in the team, and will work closely with other admin staff & operational and professional colleagues within the team and across the Mental Health Service.
- You will work with highly confidential and sensitive information.
We're looking for candidates who...
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Are well organised and able to work under pressure, on occasions, to tight deadlines.
- Have excellent customer service and IT skills.
- Have previous experience of working in a busy office environment; and
- Have the ability to work as part of a team whilst being proactive and using your initiative.
- Have a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
Further information can be found in the attached job profile. Contacts to further discuss your interest in the post available:
- Caroline Hewlett (Senior Manager 0797 1673 277 or Donna Lander (Assistant Team Manager 079 717 961 66)
- The job advert closes at 23:59 on 15 December 2019.
- Interviews will take place on 20 December 2019.