Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
Are you looking for a high impact role?
Are you passionate about the environment with a keen interesting in recycling?
If you are highly motivated, forward thinking and driven by seeing your actions make a positive difference, then a Recycling Officer within London's second largest borough is the role for you!
You will have experience of working in the waste and recycling industry and a sound knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation.
Your project management and communication skills will be critical in helping to implement evolving strategies and to reach challenging targets in reducing waste and increasing recycling.
You must have a UK driving licence and full access to your own vehicle, for which mileage costs will be paid.
About the person
We are seeking three experienced and dynamic individuals for the role of 'Recycling Officer' within our waste services team.
This is an exciting time to join Hillingdon as we launch a new team of Recycling Officers that will be responsible for engaging with our residents, businesses and community members to increase recycling participation through education and behaviour change.
The team will identify and deliver a wide range of projects and initiatives which help us to reach our recycling targets and reduce the boroughs carbon footprint whilst ensuring that the quality of our services and our high standard of delivery are maintained.If this opportunity excites you, and you believe you meet our criteria (as outlined in the Person Specification), we look forward to receiving your application!
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For mid to senior level positions holiday entitlement is 33 days a year (plus bank holidays) and rise to a maximum of 36 days after 10 year's service.
- career breaks
- Childcare schemes for working parents
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Additional Information continued
Disability Confident Employer
& Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy