Medway Council is recruiting committed and passionate social workers to join our Safeguarding Service. You will join one of our safeguarding pods which consist of 4 social workers and a Practice Manager. You will have a diverse caseload from children in need, child protection, court work and looked after children.
As a qualified and registered social worker with Social Work England and at least one year’s experience, you will be experienced in undertaking direct work with children and young people and be able to evidence understanding of the child’s lived experience. You will also have good knowledge of legislation and statutory guidance relevant to working in children’s services.
In return you will be supported through regular individual and reflective team supervision, dedicated administrative support and excellent training opportunities to support you with your career development.
Medway is proud to offer an excellent benefits package including -
- Retention Payment of £2,000 per annum
- Career progression scheme to support your continuous professional development
- Essential User Allowance with option to transfer to Lease Car following completion of probationary period
- Free car parking
- Access to a Surface Pro and mobile phone, to support flexible working
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
To view a full range of benefits please visit our staff benefits page by clicking here
Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis and successful candidates invited to interview.