Medway Council is seeking experienced social workers to join our Safeguarding Service.
As a qualified and registered social worker with Social Work England,and at least two year’s post qualifying experience, you will be able to recognise and evaluate risk to children and have a sound understanding of legislation and statutory guidance relevant to children’s services.
You will manage a complex and diverse caseload from children in need, child protection, court work and looked after children. You must have excellent written and verbal skills together with strong assessment and analytical skills.
In return you will be supported through regular individual and reflective team supervision, dedicated administrative support and excellent training opportunities to support you with your career development.
Medway is proud to offer an excellent benefits package including -
- Retention Payment of £3,000 per annum
- Career progression scheme to support your continuous professional development
- Essential User Allowance with option to transfer to Lease Car upon completion of probationary period
- Free car parking
- Access to a Surface Pro and mobile phone, to support flexible working
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000
To view a full range of benefits please visit our staff benefits page by clicking here
Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis and successful candidates invited to interview.