The role(s) will report to the Senior Finance Specialist for Children’s Service and the purpose of the role is to act as support on all financial matters relating to Children’s Services, providing timely and high quality strategic and technical financial advice, ensuring the continuity of sound financial management, governance and value for money. With experience in local government finance, you will be a key member of a small team of Accountancy professionals supporting the Children’s Services directorate.
You will enjoy all the usual benefits of being a local authority employee, including generous leave entitlement, membership of the local government pension scheme, flexi-time and the opportunity for smart working.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
• Responsibility for budget setting, budget monitoring, year-end closedown and statutory returns
• Provide support and advice to budget managers, promoting strong financial governance
• Assisting with preparation and presentation of reports to Management Teams
• Provide advice and support on legislative and guidance changes
• To be the Finance representative on multi-disciplinary groups, such as projects under the Council’s continuous improvement programme
• Assisting with delivery of training, such as to budget managers and other council colleagues
Skills, Attributes & Experience required:-
• Qualified / part qualified accountant, or able to demonstrate ‘qualification by experience’
• Experience of Children’s Social Care or SEND is desirable
• Ability to demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills
• Have an outstanding track record in delivering a customer focused service
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Excellent IT skills, including office software, Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
• Ability to operate in large, complex and political organisations
• Degree level, equivalent professional qualifications or expertise
• Evidence of continuous personal and professional development
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to be a key player in Wokingham Borough Council’s Finance Team.
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please contact Lynne Samuel at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 15th Dec 2019
Interviews: Week Commencing 06 Jan 2020
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
To apply, please follow the link to the online application form. CVs are not accepted.Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 711624
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer