Job Title: Transport Planner
Location: County Wide
Salary Range: £31,371 pa progressing to £ 33,799 pa
Hours: 37 per week
As a Contracts Planner you will responsible for Managing transport contracts for Home to School, respite and Adult Day Care Services. The role includes:
- To procure, award and implement cost effect transport for Social Care and Education clients ensuring that policy and compliance are up held.
- Monitor contract performance through offsite visits to schools and Contractor Premises
- Liaise with clients, transport providers, user groups, customers and other interested parties to ensure the effective provision of appropriate services is being provided.
- Maintaining daily contact with both internal and external clients, either by phone, email or face to face meetings.
- Implement proposals for improving the effectiveness of existing passenger transport services.
- Monitor Education and Social Care transport budgets and raise areas of concern and attend quarterly budget meetings.
- Maintain and update accurate database system, in conjunction with other team members, recording clients, contractual and operator details.
- Maintain and update excel spreadsheets with full contract information ensuring full data integrity.
- To ensure that the provision of services to customers is managed in a sensitive and sympathetic manner.
- Providing prompt responses to queries and complaints regarding passenger transport
The ideal candidate will have excellent organization skills, an aptitude for problem solving with the ability to build effective working relationships with people at all levels. The ability to keep a cool head in a pressurized environment is a must.
Closing Date:Monday 16 December 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 8 January 2020
For an informal discussion and more information please contact Nigel Abraham on email Nigel.Abraham@hertfordshire.gov.uk or phone 01992588622