The role will report to the Senior Finance Specialist for Children’s Service and the purpose of the role is to act as support on all financial matters relating to schools, providing timely and high quality advice, ensuring the continuity of sound financial management, governance and value for money. With experience in schools finance, you will be a key member of a small team of Accountancy professionals supporting the Children’s Services directorate.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
• Assist with budget setting, budget monitoring, year-end closedown and statutory returns
• Assist with preparation of funding formula models for schools budget setting, including Early Years and High Needs Block
• Provide advice and support on legislative and guidance changes
• Assist with preparation and presentation of Finance reports to Schools Forum
• Be the Finance representative on multi-disciplinary groups, such as academy conversions and schools in financial difficulties
• Assist with overseeing delivery of traded offer to schools, including provision of training sessions to school business managers and governors
• Qualified / part qualified accountant, or able to demonstrate ‘qualification by experience’
• Experience of working in Schools Finance is essential
• Current knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance is essential
• Ability to demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills
• Have an outstanding track record in delivering a customer focused service
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Excellent IT skills, including office software, Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
• Ability to operate in large, complex and political organisations
• Degree level, equivalent professional qualifications or expertise
• Evidence of continuous personal and professional development
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to be a key player in Wokingham Borough Council’s Finance Team.
To apply, please follow the link to the online application form. CVs are not accepted. Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting 711602 .