An opportunity has arisen within West SOAMHS for an Social Worker M11 (37 hours a week) based at Millview Hospital, Hove.
Interview date: TBC
For an informal discussion, please contact Cathy Byrne - Team Lead on 0300 304 0080.
About the role
As a Social Worker you will support the delivery of statutory duties placed upon us by the Care Act carrying and other tasks related to the provision of Mental Health Services. These duties will relate to individuals, families and carers in accordance with relevant statutory legislation. .
We are looking for someone with relevant experience of holding complex casework, someone who has high professional standards and who is keen to continue their professional development. An excellent knowledge of current legislation such as the Care Act and Mental Capacity Act is essential.
You will receive regular supervision and support and have opportunities for on-going development and specialist training.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Providing advice to staff about proportionate and personalised responses to service users and their carers.
- Helping to embed consideration of strengths and relationship based practice in all of our assessment processes.
- Providing a specialist view and/or intervention in the assessment and management of risk
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified social worker.
- Confident in their knowledge and experience of safeguarding vulnerable adults and the assessment of risk.
- Have an understanding of the importance of information and advice in supporting people to maintain their own independence and wellbeing
We highly recommend you read the ‘Maximise your Chances’ below before you apply for this job. It is important you are able to show how you meet the Person Specification when applying. Not following this guidance is likely to reduce your chances of success