1 Year Fixed term
Full time 37 hours
£26,317 to £35,934 pa
Reading Borough Council is a continually high achieving Transport Authority with a proven track record of service delivery.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Planning, Transport & Regulatory Services section for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual with the drive and desire to succeed. The successful applicant will work within the Transport Planning team to develop and deliver the fourth Local Transport Plan for Reading. This will include consultation and engagement with people living, visiting and working in Reading as well as working alongside key stakeholders to support the delivery of our joint objectives. The successful individual will have the opportunity to assist in the development and delivery of transport schemes from the preparation of business cases and funding proposals to scheme delivery and ongoing monitoring and evaluation.
About the role
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to work collaboratively and think strategically to promote and present innovative transport planning solutions and future strategies.
- Ability to support the team on the delivery of major transport schemes working within a recognised project management framework.
- Have an awareness/good understanding of transport policy and recent developments in the transport planning sector.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work with key internal and external partners and stakeholders.About you
- It would be beneficial if you have a qualification in transport planning, planning, regeneration, project management or a related discipline to degree level or equivalent, although this is not essential.
- You must have very good communication skills and be able to work creatively and constructively within a team, with other parts of the Council and partner organisations.
- A crucial part of this role will be your ability to work positively with stakeholders, the local community and elected members to deliver projects in line with the Council’s priorities.Our offer
- A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
For more information please contact Emma Baker, Transport Planner Manager - email@example.com or call 0118 937 4881.
Interview Date: w/c 6th January 2020Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change.