Hours per week: 0.4FTE (Thursday & Friday)
Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: January 2020 (negotiable for the right candidate)
Fixed term: until 31 August 2020
Closing date: 13 December
Interview date: Week commencing 16 December
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Graham Avenue, Portslade, BN41 2WN, email: email@example.com
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 294880
Mile Oak Primary School is seeking to appoint a highly skilled and passionate teacher to join our Reception team at our exciting school.
Mile Oak Primary School is a large school in Portslade with 513 pupils on roll. We are currently on a rapidly improving school journey where we are supporting each other to drive school improvement. As a school we believe that it is our collective responsibility to ensure that every child achieves their potential.
Our children demonstrate excellent behaviours for learning and are consistently challenged by the exciting opportunities and creative curriculum that we offer. The School would expect you to share our core vision and values and to be fully involved in the life of the whole school.
We are looking for:
- An outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations of learning and behaviour.
- A commitment to improving standards of teaching and learning across the whole school.
- An excellent knowledge of the EYFS Framework and National Curriculum with a clear understanding of how to implement them on a daily basis within the setting.
- A practitioner with a strong understanding of outdoor learning within the Early Years setting.
- A person to play a proactive role in the life and ethos of the whole school.
- A commitment to inclusion and safeguarding practices.
- A passion for working with the local community and developing wider partnerships.
- A well organised individual with strong interpersonal skills.
- A practitioner to lead/share a curriculum area of responsibility
In turn we offer you:
- An excellent range of professional development opportunities.
- An incredibly hard-working, friendly and supportive staff team.
- A positive, exciting and motivated school environment.
- Enthusiastic children with a real desire to learn and be inspired.
- An engaging outdoor learning environment with weekly forest school sessions
Visits to the school are encouraged as part of the application process. Please contact Lynne Szkolar on 01273 294881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your visit.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.