Strategy & Enabling Manager
Salary: £45,341 - £48,491 (PO44-47)
36 hours per week - full time
We are determined to deliver affordable housing in Elmbridge. We need someone who shares that determination and has the knowledge, experience and ‘can do’ attitude to help us. We need you!
Your role will be to enable the delivery of affordable housing in our borough. Managing a small team, you will be responsible for developing and delivering the strategies, policies and projects to get us there. Recently, Elmbridge Borough Council has resumed our involvement in the delivery of housing, both directly and through our housing company, EBC Home Ltd. Your tenacity and skill will play a key part in both, not only guiding what additional homes are delivered, but also by acting as the client in respect of the management of these properties.
- As you would expect, you will know of the challenges and issues facing local housing authorities and national housing policy.
- You will have experience of housing provision, as well as significant involvement in policy and strategy development.
- You will be equally comfortable working on your own, as in a team and confident in prioritising and decision-making.
- You will be have strong communication skills and the ability to advise, influence and collaborate in order to get the job done in the best interests of our residents.
We know we ask a lot, but the good news is that we give a lot too.
- Flexibility: And we really mean it! We know you have to juggle work and life commitments and we are happy and open to discussing the right mix for you – just give us a call.
- Wellbeing: When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to lunchtime badminton – the options are there for you.
- Learning and development: We all know learning doesn’t stop when you leave university, it is an ongoing journey and we will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan.
- The package: Not forgetting our excellent pension and ‘Thrive’ package of employee benefits and discounts with various local businesses. There is also free employee parking.
Find out more about housing services at Elmbridge through our website, elmbridge.gov.uk/housing
To explore the culture of Elmbridge, have a look at our LinkedIn page.
For an informal conversation about this role please call Colin Waters, Head of Housing Services on 01372 474631.