Economic Regeneration Support Officer
Grade E: £21,166 - £23,836 per annum
Post No: DR355 – 37 Hours Per Week
Benefits to you:
- Casual Car User Allowance
- Flexible Working
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Payment of one professional fee per annum
- Discounted Council Leisure Centre membership
- 21 days holiday and 25 after 5 years continuous service
- Cycle Scheme
- Free Parking
Cannock Chase Council is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, professional and committed individual to help support the delivery of a diverse and challenging workload of this busy section. Your role will be to assist and support colleagues by carrying out day-to-day support activities arising from the implementation of the Economic Prosperity Priority Delivery Plan. These activities will largely be business support and tourism related.
Further requirements for this role also include:
- Practical experience and understanding of working within an economic development environment.
- Fully conversant with IT systems (such as Microsoft Office) and be proficient in their application and use.
- Relevant knowledge and experience within local or regional economic regeneration sufficient to secure Associate Membership of the Institute for Economic Development (IED)
- An ability to work independently with minimal supervision, often to short deadlines.
- Availability to attend and contribute to occasional meetings outside of normal working hours.
- Access to an appropriate means of transport to access locations within the District and beyond.
- Able to attend meetings; this may require travel beyond the boundaries of the District.
- Able to maintain a professional disposition at all times.
- Flexible and comfortable working within a small team.
If you think you are the person we are looking for and would like further information, please contact Debbie Harris on 01543 464490.