It’s more than a job at Vivo. Vivo Care Choices Ltd is a Council owned company with locations across Cheshire West including Chester, Ellesmere Port, Winsford and Northwich. We provide high quality, person services care to adults with learning disabilities, autism, dementia and the elderly. But for us it’s more than that.
We change and enhance lives every day through the work we in our day and respite services and in peoples own homes. We do this by maximising their social, emotional, and physical independence to the absolute maximum while promoting independence, choice and control.
Our values are important to all of us, we live and breathe them, they are who we are and how we work together in environments where you and our service users can be inspired to reach your and their potential. If you share our values and commitment, then you’re our kind of person.
Where our vacancy is:
We have a vacancy in our Day service team. In this team we enjoy supporting groups of people with learning disabilities in our centres in Ellesmere Port, Neston, Frodsham Winsford, Northwich and Chester.
We provide fun, meaning full activities based on the needs and likes of the people we support, this includes craft, music, cooking as well as accessing the community for example to go swimming or working in our allotment. No two days are the same and you will go home knowing you have given people a great day.
Some of the people we support have complex needs and need support with eating, personal care (toileting and continence) and can display challenging behaviours. Working in this environment you will develop great relationships and life skills as well as developing professionally.
The job is about supporting the development and co-ordination of service delivery by:
- Ensuring that individuals are engaged, enabled to maintain choice and control, are encouraged to maintain independence and have access to social, leisure, employment, educational or vocational activities within the local community.
- Monitoring, reviewing and implementing risk management plans for individuals, maintaining and updating records as required. Reviewing plans in line with changing needs, and reporting any significant issues or concerns, and where necessary, taking immediate action.
- Undertaking reviews of support plans that involve the service user and their carer (if applicable) to take account of changing needs, wishes and experiences, or as the needs of the individual change.
- Leading a team of Support Workers, providing supervision and mentorship to the team, monitoring standards of practice and performance in accordance with service policies and procedures and provide guidance and advice to the team
- In the event of situations likely to threaten the health, safety or security of service users, implement any initial action within defined procedures
- Logging all compliments and complaints within your area of responsibility, ensuring all documentation is completed as required.
- Effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders relevant to the service, developing positive working relationships with all and encouraging feedback through formal and informal methods.
- Monitoring and reviewing practice and compliance with regulatory and non-regulatory standards and company policy and procedures to ensure the company delivers high quality, safe, professional services that meet statutory and contractual requirements, escalating incidents as necessary.
We are looking for someone who
- Has experience in the direct delivery of care and staff supervision in an adult social care or health care setting.
- Has experience of engagement with service users, carers/families and stakeholders.
- Has knowledge of moving and handling practices.
- Can apply knowledge and application of policies, procedures and practices in relation to the delivery of adult social care.
- Has an understanding of financial policies and procedures.
- Understands the statutory and regulatory framework in relation to adult social care.
- Shows awareness and understanding of social care needs and conditions in relation to vulnerable adults.
- Is able to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, in order to plan the delivery of care with service users and their families/carers.
- Can prioritise and adapt to respond to unforeseen operational issues.
- Is competent in the use of Microsoft Office IT packages and electronic record management systems
- Is flexible, self-motivated, organised, and customer focused.
And in return
The benefits of working for Vivo go well beyond making a difference to people’s lives, as well as working within a supportive environment with people who share your values you will have access to a huge range of benefits including discounts on:
- High street and supermarket shopping
- Gym membership
- Days out
- Childcare vouchers
- Car lease and cycle to work schemes
We also offer:
- Very competitive pay
- A generous holiday allowance starting at 25 days pro rata (plus bank holidays) increasing with length of service to 30 days
- An excellent pension scheme
- A full induction programme and ongoing training and support from your very first day
- QCF level 2 Social Care qualification
- The opportunity to develop your skills and career
- Free DBS checks
- Lifestyle Support - our employee assistance programme, which offers free 24/7 confidential assistance, practical information and emotional support
The Equality Act 2010 makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate against disabled people and places a duty to make reasonable adjustments to enable the employee to undertake the work. People with disabilities are defined as individuals who have a physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long term effect on their ability to carry out normal day to day activities. If you consider yourself to be disabled under this definition, please indicate this on your application. Vivo Care Choices is a Disability Confident employer and will interview all applicants who disclose they have a disability if they meet the essential criteria for the job. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment process, please contact recruitment.
Vivo Care Choices Ltd is an Equal Opportunity / Employer and Equal Opportunity Provider. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability and protected status. Vivo Care Choices Ltd is deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace.
How to Apply
Please apply online by clicking the link below.