Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first
About the job
This post is part time 18 hours per week and the salary will be pro-rata. Hillingdon Music Hub delivers Whole Class, curriculum, group and individual tuition to children across the second-largest London Borough. We are a thriving and expanding music hub, working as part of Hillingdon Council.
We are seeking a detail-orientated person to be our Database and Inventory officer, working at our centralised instrument store and ensuring that all our tuition activities are supported with adequate stocks of working instruments, and that all of the instruments end up with the right children, and return safely to us after use.
The postholder will manage our contractors on instrument repair
Using the same skillset, the postholder will also work on our Paritor database to maximise our efficiency in collecting, processing and reporting data about all our lessons.
About the person
You are enthusiastic about music education, and have a high degree of attention to detail. You are thorough and determined that all pieces of work are completed to a high standard.
You understand the bigger picture of what the Music Service is trying to achieve and ideally have some knowledge of the nature of different musical instruments.
You take pleasure in making IT and practical systems work as efficiently as possible, and are confident in handling, processing and analysing large quantities of data. You are comfortable with spreadsheet formulae, prepared to learn more and to develop your skills into simple scripting.
You are committed to the principle of data being kept as clean as possible and prepared to double-check that it is.
The hours of the contract will be annualised across the year to respond to times of greater or lesser demand. Some working may be required during the school holidays. In particular late August is a key time for instrument pickups for the new academic year.
An enhanced, child-workforce DBS check is essential.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For mid to senior level positions holiday entitlement is 33 days a year (plus bank holidays) and rise to a maximum of 36 days after 10 year's service.
- career breaks
- childcare schemes for working parents
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses