We are looking for two Car Park Customer Service Assistants to join our growing In-house Car Parking Team and to provide support to the Car Parks Team Leader.
About the role
Your responsibilities will include the security and safety of people and property within the car parks owned or managed by the Council providing a security presence as a deterrent to theft/vandalism, routine maintenance/inspections and problem solving on equipment, a cashier service, assistance to members of the public and some cleaning duties. Future duties may include some On Street parking meter duties.
As an important member of our busy Car Parking Team you should be able to demonstrate:
- High quality communication skills to convey clear messages to members of public
- Good customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent organisational abilities
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; balance and prioritise demands from many sources
- Self-management – be flexible and adaptive to wide range of duties, dependable and work on own initiative
- Good team working approach; exchange of ideas, support colleagues and work flexibly to provide cover
- Hold a clean Full UK Driving licence.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
Full time 42 hours average per week on a rotating shift pattern including nights and weekend working
For more information on this position please contact Saoirse.Carney@reading.gov.uk