We are looking for a friendly, customer orientated individual to join our busy Face to Face Customer Services Team. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, this could be the job for you!
About the role
Your role will be varied and you will deal with a range of enquiries face to face, over the telephone, by email and text messaging. You will be required to:
- Provide excellent customer service by giving accurate and up to date advice
- Understand the needs of customers and handling difficult situations in a sensitive way
- Use several systems to input and extract information, so experience of using a variety of computer packages is desirable
You will ideally have previous experience of working in a customer services environment or call/contact centre, together with good keyboard and IT skills and an ability to deal courteously and sensitively with enquiries and complaints.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
Interview Date: Week Commencing 16 December 2019
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY