We need a committed and enthusiastic Information Governance Manager to take us beyond mere compliance with information and data laws: you will work with our employees to create a strong information transparency and data protection culture across both councils. In return we can promise an interesting and varied caseload, engaging with teams and individual employees from every part of the organisation.
You will be responsible for:
- The councils’ policies and procedures on data protection, access to information and CCTV, to support corporate compliance with statutory responsibilities
- Providing awareness and training to officers and members on all aspects of information governance
- Managing the processes for corporate compliance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018
- Managing the Information Governance Officer
- Managing the councils’ data breach reporting, notification and rectification process
- Acting as the councils’ principal point of contact for the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Providing reports on the council’s information governance performance
The successful candidate will:
- Have a working knowledge of information governance legislation and how it applies in a local authority context
- Have at least two years’ experience of information governance in a public authority setting
- Have a capacity to understand new information governance laws and guidance
- Be able to draft and communicate policy documents
- Work effectively with colleagues at all levels in the business
- Be able to resolve complaints and make informed judgements
- Have a strong process improvement focus
- Be able to prioritise workload, to meet statutory and operational deadlines
- Be capable of working independently under their own initiative
- Adopt the most effective training techniques and apply them
- Have line management skills
This position requires you to work at both our Eastbourne and Lewes offices.
The preferred working pattern for this post is three full days per week.
Interview date: Monday 16 December 2019