Court and Specialist Assessment Service
Our children deserve the best. In Hillingdon, our Looked After Children's team work alongside children and their families towards permanence. Our social workers collaborate with IROs, psychologists, care providers, the virtual school, and other multi-agency professionals to ensure that our children receive the highest level of care to achieve the best possible outcomes.
We need an experienced Team Manager, who can lead a team towards excellence. We are looking for someone who is passionate about their work, with an eye for detail, and who understands the importance of good care planning throughout a child's journey.
Can you see yourself as part of the Hillingdon family? If so, read further...
What Ofsted said about our work with Looked After Children:
• When children need to be looked after, they receive effective and sensitive intervention tailored to their individual needs.
• Children subject to the public law outline and care proceedings benefit from exceptionally strong intervention work including early permanency and timely care planning, that is regularly reviewed and updated with the changing needs of our children and young people.
• Direct work is consistently undertaken, not only as part of permanence work, but also to help all children to understand their histories and experience.
Having achieved good outcomes for our children, we are now striving towards outstanding outcomes for every child and their family. We continue to grow, challenge ourselves, our colleagues and our partners to develop with confidence and competence.
In April 2018, Ofsted said the following about Outstanding Leaders:
• The dedicated and knowledgeable leadership team models a child-centred approach to all strategic and operational interventions for children and this is replicated throughout the staff group.
• The willingness and curiosity to constantly learn from new ideas results in positive outcomes for children.
• Senior managers demonstrate a common sense and flexible approach to provision of this service, with intervention for children decided on need, reinforcing a needs-led approach to service delivery.
• local government average salary pension scheme
• free parking (4 days a week) • a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
• generous holiday entitlement
• flexible working hours• childcare schemes for working parents• season ticket loan
• access to a Credit Union
• access to a wide range of training and courses
• discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
• payment of professional fees
• discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools
Opportunities for you:
• We have a ‘grow your own’ ethos and Hilingdon offers a clear career pathway, where you have the opportunity to develop into the best future you, you can be.
• As part of the West London Alliance and West London Teaching Partnership, Hillingdon has a PCF/KSS led training programme to provide all team managers with opportunities to meet their continuous development needs.
• You will have regular, reflective supervision.
• You will be provided with equipment to assist mobile and flexible working.
• You will receive regular feedback from children and young people about your practice and how it impacts on their lives.
What we need from you:
• You must have the qualities noted by Ofsted to join our outstanding leadership team
• You must have a social work qualification
• You must be able to evidence a commitment to your own development since qualification • You must have previous experience of working with children and young people in a LAC service• You must have experience in leadership and supervision
• You must be HCPC registered
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances. Disability Confident Employer & Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy