Croydon is changing with the biggest development and regeneration programme since the 1960's already underway. More than £5bn will be invested in the borough over the next five years, ushering in a positive, dynamic future for residents and businesses alike. Croydon is a distinctive and diverse place and is London’s most populated borough. This is an exciting time to join our team delivering vital services to over 360,000 residents and approximately 14,000 businesses.
Growth in the borough and demographic pressures, place an increasing demand on council services, at a time when funding is being reduced. Croydon Council, like many other local authorities, faces a budgetary gap which is addressed in part through transformation programmes. Travel is one of the 10 priority areas.
Travel and transport within Croydon has evolved significantly as a service over the past three years. There is a clear strategy in place for managing increasing demand and a focus on creating an alternative travel model which gives clients more choice and an opportunity to become more independent.
We are recruiting to a number of roles both within the in house passenger transport service. We are looking for candidates who have had previous experience working in one of these roles or similar and are committed to delivering a high quality service for this vulnerable client group.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- An appropriate “D1” driving licence qualification for the Vehicle being driven
- Knowledge of Road Traffic Acts and Highway Code. Completed MIDAS and First Aid Training
- Experience of driving young people and adults comfortably and safely in a passenger transport vehicle according to prepared schedules or as directed.
- Experience of assisting passengers in a similar role that requires care and consideration for service users at all times.
- Ability to keep appropriate records as required by this type of service.
- Ability to act effectively to diffuse any difficult situations on the vehicles and to write brief notes/reports on incidents.
- Ability to liaise over day-to-day concerns between home and school with tact and diplomacy
Special conditions for all in house passenger transport service roles:
- Ability to work flexibly within the services core hours and outside of normal office hours within a rota.
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure required.
- Requirement to wear a uniform whilst undertaking duties.
- Requirement to undergo periodic driver licence checks.
For further information candidates should contact Kelvin Malcolm - Croydon Transport Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
CTS Driver (SEN) - (one year fixed term contract – 25 hours per week split shift working pattern)
Salary Grade 3 £21,591 pro rata (without PCV license)
Salary Grade 4 £22,779 pro rata (with PCV license)