Specialist Day Care Assistant (part time various positions)
Community Support Services
Salary: Scale point 1-2 (£9.72-£10.62) Capped at Scale 1 without an NVQ
Do you enjoy being around people and ‘mucking in’ where you are needed? Can you support those in our community with dementia and their carers and families? Our service support helps those with dementia remain in their community and we need you to help us.
We have a role for a sensitive, committed and flexible person to help those in our community with dementia and their carers. You will be helping with a range of vital services from social activities to support groups to personal care. Don’t worry if you have no specialist training, we can give you that.
We are proud of our commitment to support our older and more vulnerable residents through the community support services team. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Meals on wheels
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Independent living centre
- And specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
At the heart of this service are our seven Centres for the Community in Hersham, Walton-on-Thames, Weybridge, Thames Ditton, Cobham, Molesey and Claygate. Each of these centres has its own personality; its own community but they are connected by a determination to provide high quality services to older and vulnerable people in our community.
- You will have good communication skills, have a caring attitude and the ability to work under pressure.
- You will have experience of working with people with a memory loss
- As you would expect confidentiality and discretion is key.
- You will have also worked with older people and those with disabilities.
- But most importantly is you open approach to learning new skills and processes.
You will be potentially working across all our centres, providing holiday cover and additional support on busy days for example. You will have the advantage of learning from a wide range of people and experiencing all the joy that our centres offer our residents.
We will provide all the training you need, so don’t worry on that front.
If you would like to know more, have a read of the recruitment pack and if you have any questions please call Nikki our Relief Care manager on 01372 474547.
We need you to be help us help our community. What are you waiting for?
Closing date: 12th December 2019 - 17:00