We are looking to recruit 1 Mental Health Support Worker to work with people with enduring mental health problems.
You must have:
- substantial experience in a Mental Health setting.
- a good understanding of the needs of a Mental Health service user.
- a relevant NVQ Level 3 (or a willingness to undertake NVQ training and to work within a framework of national standards).
You will be able to:
- provide a personal, practical and emotional support to adults with mental health difficulties and related problems, with a view to support, to enable stability and independence for the service user within a residential environment.
- liaise with the line manager/colleagues and relevant agencies daily, to maintain the smooth operation of 50 Community Road.
You must be willing to work flexible shift hours on rotation, which includes regular sleep ins and occasional waking nights.
Ealing council is committed to Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Ealing follows safer recruitment practices to protect children and vulnerable adults. The post holder will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
This post is subject to Ealing's enhanced vetting process.
This role is deemed customer facing and as such you must have a command of spoken English which is sufficient to enable you to effectively perform the role. This requirement relates to Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016.
Interviews will be held in the new year.
For further information please contact Lorna Sharma on 07903 348551.
Closing date: 19 December 2019