Senior Caseworker - Complex Needs
12-month fixed term post
Salary: £30,510 - £35,223 pa
We are determined to deliver a quality housing service in Elmbridge. Our people have knowledge, experience and compassion. Our people are committed to supporting vulnerable people secure a home. Can you be one of our people?
We need you to help us prevent the homelessness of those in Elmbridge with complex needs, including mental health and substance abuse.
- You will be the lead officer for those with complex needs, such as mental health and substance abuse.
- You will work to prevent homelessness wherever possible developing and keeping under review personalised housing plans.
- You will assist in monitoring cases and processes to comply with our prevention and relief duties under the Homelessness Reduction Act, as well as providing support with the statutory review process and completion of government statistical returns.
- To maximise housing solutions, you will work collaboratively with key partners and stakeholders to provide the best prospect for a client to secure and sustain accommodation.
- If homelessness can’t be prevented, you will seek suitable housing options for clients and will undertake homelessness investigations.
- You will have experience of working in a frontline team in a housing, social work or health setting, as well as an understanding of our duties to homeless households under the Homelessness Reduction Act.
- You will have experience of investigating and determining homelessness applications.
- Your ability to provide solutions, communicate and to establish effective working relationships will serve you well in this role.
We are progressive organisation, committed to supporting the people of Elmbridge and that commitment extends to our employees.
- Wellbeing: When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to healthy walks – the options are there for you.
- Learning and development: We all know learning doesn’t stop when you leave university, it is an ongoing journey and we will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan.
We operate a rota system in the team to ensure that we are available from 8.45am each day, you will be part of this rota.
Find out more about our housing service on our website: https://www.elmbridge.gov.uk/housing/
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Sue on 01372474521
Closing date: Wednesday 11 December at 12 midnight