We’re changing in Islington Adult Social Care and we’re determined to meet our challenges and ambitions in equal measure. Our aim is to be the best Council in the country for prevention and early intervention.
We’re supporting social workers, occupational therapists and case managers to achieve excellent outcomes for our residents who are in need of, advice, early intervention or longer term care and support. With a move to place based, integrated locality teams you will have the opportunity to develop innovative ways of working with individuals and their families to find sustainable solutions to the need for care and support.
Through our practice framework, Building Strengths for Better Lives, we aim to promote wellbeing, develop resilient communities and work alongside individuals and their families to help them find the right support at the right time.
We have high expectations of our staff and to help you achieve this we offer regular supervision within a strengths based and reflective practice framework, extensive training opportunities, practice development sessions and opportunities to participate in specific project and development groups.
We want to recruit committed, competent and caring social care practitioners into a variety of roles and teams to help shape and realise our ultimate goal of supporting people to live the best independent lives they can. You will need to;
- Collaborate with people and their community by building relationships, encouraging choice and control, promoting well-being, and nurturing community connections
- Empower people by building on strengths, being person-centred, and making the most of informal support and resources
- Ensure Efficient use of resources by providing the right level of support to the right people at the right time
- Be committed to Excellent Practice and outcomes and continual learning and improvement
- Acknowledge that everyone has a role to play in Improving Practice and outcomes from senior managers to social care practitioners
- Be Open to support, challenge and change
If you would thrive on undertaking this challenge, want to work for a Council that ‘walks the talk’ when it comes to fairness, supporting the most vulnerable in society and ensuring dignity for everyone in a diverse community and workforce, please get in touch and apply for one of these opportunities.
We have Senior Practitioner and Social Work (including NQSW) roles available in the following Teams:
Locality Teams – working as part of a growing multi-disciplinary team undertaking strengths based assessments, person centred support planning, reviews, safeguarding
Hospital Team – Working closely with ward staff, reablement and the discharge to assess team carrying our strength based assessments, safeguarding enquiries and direct work with individuals and families to ensure a safe discharge home.
Closing date: Sunday 5th January 2020 @ midnight
Testing & Interview dates: Monday 13th January 2020
For further information regarding the social worker posts please contact Marlene Walrond on 0207 5277547