£39,438 per annum for 36 hours per week based at County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2DN. . Please note that Surrey County Council's headquarters, where this role is currently based, will be relocating back into Surrey in 2020 to support our Community Vision 2030.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
About the role
Surrey County Council are undertaking significant transformation across their business to improve their Special Educational and Disability (SEND) services. The programme consists of a number of key transformational and BAU projects that are critical to the future success and financial stability of the business.
We are looking for a highly organised self-starter with experience and proven success in supporting a Programme Team to coordinate, monitor, report on and engage with a variety of stakeholders to ensure smooth running of a number of complex projects across a transformation programme.
It is essential you are able to demonstrate the below. Please use these criteria in completing your application.
- Thorough understanding of basic programme management methodology and associated critical activities and tasks;
- Successfully co-ordinating, tracking and supporting a programme of complex and diverse projects in a demanding environment
- Developing robust long term relationships with a range of professionals and stakeholders;
- Anticipating the agendas and responses of stakeholders with many different standpoints, handling complex relational situations with sensitivity and, challenging and holding to account those in more senior roles;
- Managing ongoing pressures coming from many different directions and whilst demonstrating an ability to search for alternatives and make adjustments when plans are blocked or challenged;
- Effectively working under a high level of interest and scrutiny, acting as a programme ambassador with stakeholders;
- A genuine interest in making a difference a delivering change for the people.
For more information please see the job details and role profile attached at the bottom.
For an informal discussion contact Helen Donelan-Bell by e-mail at email@example.com . We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 5th December 2019
Interviews will take place on 12/12/2019.