Assistant Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management Officer (Green Sefton)
Sefton Council are seeking to recruit a full time, permanent officer to support the delivery of the Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management Function of the Council as a Lead Local Flood Authority and Coast Protection Authority. We are seeking a candidate with experience and knowledge in flood and coastal erosion risk management with a focus on engineering and modelling. The Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management Team sits within the Development Team which is a part of Green Sefton. Green Sefton provides our communities with a clean, green Borough (including parks and greenspaces, trees and woodlands, play and recreational facilities, and our coast and countryside, which include specially protected sites) to the benefit of residents, visitors, investors, and nature.
The Development team takes a long-term perspective in identifying and understanding the risk of flooding and coastal erosion and putting plans in place to manage this risk. It also identifies, develops and delivers strategies and plans, which lead to improvements to Green Sefton and contributes to service delivery. The team also seeks continuous improvement to develop the most effective, efficient and customer focused service including the development of commercial opportunities
The focus of this roles within the multidisciplinary team will be to assist with:
- design and delivery of inland drainage and coastal flooding/erosion schemes
- assessment of planning applications,
- providing advice to developers,
- contract management,
- supervision of schemes on site,
- financial management of capital and revenue projects including fee proposals, estimates of works costs and agreement of final accounts,
- communicating with our communities, partners and elected members about flood and coastal erosion risk
- preparation of technical documents utilising specialist CAD, GIS and modelling software such as micro drainage,
- Project management skills.