Place Development and Premises Manager (PO6)
DBS Check: Enhanced
Location: Business Centre/Higham Hill JSC, 313 Billet Road, Walthamstow, London, E17 5PX
Would you like to help Waltham Forest to create thriving, high quality, inclusive, safe and sustainable Early Years and childcare for the children of our Borough?
If you have the talent and ambition to support Waltham Forest to deliver new and improved Early Years and Childcare services, an appetite for innovation and aspiration to make a positive difference for childcare providers and children we would very much like to hear from you.
The borough is growing and changing which bring challenges and great opportunities. It is culturally diverse and has a vibrant community, rich in culture and is at the forefront of regeneration in London.
The early years sector in Waltham Forest has seen significant improvement over the last 5 years, increasing from 83% of providers being rated as Good or Outstanding by Ofsted in 2014 to 93% in March 2019. Our early years foundation stage results for children are also above London and national averages.
We are very proud of this achievement and believe that the key to this success has been working in partnership with providers across the Schools and PVI sector as well as providing holistic support, information and training to providers across all aspects of running quality provision such as Place creation (including planning and building regulations), Health & Safety, Teaching, Learning, Assessment, Safeguarding, SEND, Finance and Recruitment.
The introduction of 30-hours of free early education for almost 2000 3&4-year old children in the Borough in September 2017 has increased pressure on schools and PVI settings to develop places to meet increased demand.
The Place Development and Premises Manager role is a key member of the team delivering support, information and training to Schools and PVI settings providing early years and childcare places and will be pivotal in the development of sufficient, quality, safe childcare and Free early Education places. The role will be responsible for:
- Providing a range of support, information and training via a range of digital platforms, desktop assessments, on-site visits and one-to-one meetings, as well as a range of tools, templates and resources for new and existing providers around compliance with statutory and LA premises requirements such as planning, building regulation and premises health and safety.
- Leading on development and implementation of capital strategies, in partnership with internal and external partners, to create childcare premises to meet demand for the number and type of childcare places needed.
- Leading on developing and implementing a place creation grant for schools and PVI settings
- Contributing to the LA’s childcare sufficiency assessment to ensure we have robust and accurate information to inform place creation planning
- Leading on and contributing to the develop of strategies which improve the quality of service provision by being a member of a number of strategic groups/boards.