Bring science to life in our hands-on science exhibition.
And experience a great place to work.
Because we’re Bracknell forest
Our team of explainers help our visitors, especially families, enjoy their visit to the hands on science and discovery exhibition. You will be interacting with the children and assisting them with the science activities, making their visit fun and informative as well as clean and safe. You will also take our birthday parties and present our science shows to the public.
What it’s like working here…
The Look Out Discovery Centre is a very popular visitor attraction with a hands on science and discovery exhibition, gift shop, coffee shop and play area, set in 1,000 hectares of Crown Estate woodlands. The Look Out opens 7 days a week. Our aim is to make sure that our visitors have a safe, relaxing and enjoyable experience at all times, and the successful applicant will play a key role in achieving this.
We will support you to…
We will help you to be confident, enthusiastic and outgoing with excellent communication and customer care skills. An interest and understanding of science is key and experience of working with the public would be an advantage. If you have a bright and friendly nature and like interacting with all different age groups then why not come and join us!
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- The opportunity to help children engage and learn about science through play.
- To work on the door step of the picturesque Swinley forest.
What we’re looking for…
- Safety/security conscious
- Ability, willingness and flexibility to work hours to ensure the consistent provision of services, cover for other staff absences, attend staff meetings and training
- The ability to converse easily with members of the public and respond effectively to questions in spoken English.
- Ability to cope under pressure and use own initiative
- Ability to deal with customers of all ages and backgrounds and to ensure that their visit is the best possible with the resources available
- Enthusiastic and Confident with a good sense of humour.
- A satisfactory (enhanced) DBS disclosure
Want to ask us a question?
How to Apply
Please apply online (see below).
Please read the Application Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.
The Look Out Discovery Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff working with children/young people will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.