Early years Foundation Stage Leader – nursery or reception teacher
Salary: Main scale to UPS with additional TLR2a responsibility payment
Full time / Permanent
Job requirements: EYFS Leader required for 1st January 2020
The Governing body are seeking to appoint an outstanding, highly motivated, committed and enthusiastic Early Years Leader who wants to be a part of transforming education in Holy Spirit, and helping to create an exceptional place of learning. You will be enthusiastic, have great interpersonal skills, enjoy being pro-active and working as part of a caring and hard-working team. The successful applicant will be an outstanding classroom teacher with successful experience in early years who is able to promote and model excellent practice.
Who should apply? The role would suit both applicants with experience of leading and developing the early years stage or an applicant who has a strong aspiration to take the next step in their career and extend and enhance their leadership experience by becoming an early years foundation stage leader for the first time, building on their previous successes.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven record of outstanding teaching in early years who can deliver excellent classroom learning opportunities and has strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Have an outstanding knowledge of the Foundation stage/Early years curriculum and have the ability to lead, motivate and inspire other colleagues within a team culture
- Enjoys high expectations and is committed to high standards, ensuring all pupils are challenged and make strong progress
- Have the drive and aspiration to raise achievement for every child in the early years age phase and experience of raising such standards
- Have a growth mind-set who can think and work flexibly, be a creative problem solver, showing resilience and humour
- Be positive and approachable, and be committed to working collaboratively with parents, carers and the wider school community.
In return we can offer:-
- The support of a dynamic management team who can offer a clear vision for improvement
- The opportunity to make a difference and be a significant and influential leader who will take a major role in developing the school
- The chance to work in a happy, welcoming inclusive Catholic school and become part of the Holy Spirit family
- The opportunity to work with committed staff in a friendly, team approach culture
- The chance to lead in a large and beautifully presented early years environment
- The chance to make a difference to friendly and grateful children, governors, parents, staff and senior leaders who will value your contribution
- Freedom and flexibility from the Headteacher to unlock your leadership potential
- A strong culture of staff equality where all staff have the potential to develop and lead
- An outwardly thinking school which links with many other schools to hone best practice in all areas
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This post is subject to Teachers Pension Scheme
Dates: Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 9th December. Shortlisting Monday afternoon 9th December
Lesson Observations: Wednesday 11th December and Thursday 12th December
Interviews: Candidates successful at the observation stage will be invited back for an interview on Monday 16th December
Application forms may be downloaded using the link below – please use the standard Sefton application form. Applicants are asked to write a supporting letter, no more than 2 pages, describing why their skills and experience makes them suitable for the post.
Equality: Applications are invited from both practising Catholics and also non Catholic colleagues who are able to show their commitment to supporting the faith aspect of our school.
Completed application forms should be returned for the attention of: Ms M Armstrong – Headteacher Holy Spirit Catholic Primary School, Poulsom Drive, Netherton L30 2NR firstname.lastname@example.org